High in protein? Check.
A healthy option for breakfast? Check.
Easy to whip up? Check.
Perfect for the fall?! Check.
I won’t lie, these Pumpkin Protein Overnight Oats are badass. Honestly, I can eat pumpkin-flavored things all year long.
Pumpkin spice has become HUGE the last few years and I love the fall when companies come out with pumpkin everything! Well, I take that back. I’m a little weary of Pumpkin Pie Spice Pringles….
Pumpkin is full of fiber, potassium and vitamin C. It is low in calories and nutrient dense. Canned pumpkin can be found in most grocery stores.
Do not confuse canned pumpkin with canned pumpkin pie mix. The mix is full of sugar and other ingredients so that you can easily make a pumpkin pie.
Skip the mix for this recipe and use regular ol’ canned pumpkin.
Pumpkin Protein Overnight Oats are perfect to add to your meal prep schedule.
Overnight oats in general are to easy to whip up and you can make 4-5 servings at once. They can be enjoyed as a quick, healthy breakfast option or you can have them later in the day for a snack!
This pumpkin version of meal prep overnight oats takes roughly 15 minutes to make all four servings.
One thing I love about overnight oats is that it takes the same time to make one serving as it does to make four servings. The only difference is the amount of each ingredient you add!
Overnight oats generally consist of oats, chia seed, milk and whatever toppings and flavors you want to add. I like a higher protein content so I add yogurt and protein powder! Check out my recipe for Meal Prep Overnight Oats.
The pumpkin version includes canned pumpkin, maple syrup and pumpkin pie spice.
Add some toppings to the Pumpkin Protein Overnight Oats like pecans, walnuts, pepitas, chocolate chips, etc. Feel free to drizzle a little more maple syrup over the oats before eating too!
- 1 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/3 cup milk*
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 2 Tablespoon chia seed
- 2 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Stir until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Divide mixture evenly among four containers. Allow to sit overnight or for at least one hour.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to eat. Add additional toppings prior to eating.
- Additional toppings: extra maple syrup, chopped pecans, chopped walnuts, pumpkin seeds/pepitas, cinnamon, etc.
- *Any type of milk can be used including nonfat, 1%, 2%, almond, soy, etc.